March 18, 2012

Girl on Fire Week - FotD - The Parade

Katniss in her Parade costume. Scanned from the Illustrated Movie Companion.
I have been ramping up for The Hunger Games for almost a year now. I've read the first book twice already and I am preparing to read it for a third time next week in preparation for the movie.  I thought I would do Girl on Fire Week in order to lead up to the premiere of the movie this Friday.

Today, I have a look inspired by the above costume and makeup. This is the outfit that Katniss wears during the initial parade of tributes and where she earns the nickname "The Girl on Fire". The look is so simple, that I wanted to give some suggestions on how to do this look at home. It is subtle enough for every day wear as well as able to be spiced up for evening.

No flash...

List of items used:
Eyes:
  • Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen
  • tokidoki 24k eye shadow palette - Sabbia
  • tokidoki Cromatico eye shadow - Adios Star
  • Shiro Cosmetics eye shadow - Thinking With Portals
  • Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara - Blackest Black
Lips:
  • Geek Chic Cosmetics Geek Gloss - Happy Ending
Cheeks:
  • Wet n' Wild ColorIcon Bronzer
First, I put a dab of Laura Mercier Eye Basics on each eyelid and spread with my fingertips until smooth. This helps the eye shadow to wear longer as well as hide any imperfections on the lid. Then, I took Sabbia which is a pale off-white color (More info can be found here at Musings of a Muse). I chose this color because it's neutral and doesn't really stick out that much. The key to a lot of Katniss' looks outside of the interview and the parade are that they are very natural and they stay that way even when she's dolled up. Due to the nature of the Laura Mercier base though, you can choose to wear just that, I just felt that when it came to adding the orange flare, it was easier to blend.

Next, I took a flat liner brush and used Adios Star to tightline my upper lash line and add the tiniest flare that follows my lower lash line at the outer edge. This color is a glitter packed black, which I love. After lining, I used Maybelline Falsies Flared mascara in Blackest Black to further enhance my lashes and give them that luxurious and fuller look.

Onto the cheeks, this was the hardest as my skin isn't the best right now but I tapped my brush once in my bronzer and swept it across my cheekbones. No more than that. Also, for my lips, it looks as though she is wearing a clear gloss and my favorite is Geek Chic Cosmetics' Happy Ending. It is a glitter packed clear gloss and my go to for everyday.

Well, that's it for this intallment...

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment