|Katniss in her Parade costume. Scanned from the Illustrated Movie Companion.|
Today, I have a look inspired by the above costume and makeup. This is the outfit that Katniss wears during the initial parade of tributes and where she earns the nickname "The Girl on Fire". The look is so simple, that I wanted to give some suggestions on how to do this look at home. It is subtle enough for every day wear as well as able to be spiced up for evening.
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen
- tokidoki 24k eye shadow palette - Sabbia
- tokidoki Cromatico eye shadow - Adios Star
- Shiro Cosmetics eye shadow - Thinking With Portals
- Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara - Blackest Black
- Geek Chic Cosmetics Geek Gloss - Happy Ending
- Wet n' Wild ColorIcon Bronzer
Next, I took a flat liner brush and used Adios Star to tightline my upper lash line and add the tiniest flare that follows my lower lash line at the outer edge. This color is a glitter packed black, which I love. After lining, I used Maybelline Falsies Flared mascara in Blackest Black to further enhance my lashes and give them that luxurious and fuller look.
Onto the cheeks, this was the hardest as my skin isn't the best right now but I tapped my brush once in my bronzer and swept it across my cheekbones. No more than that. Also, for my lips, it looks as though she is wearing a clear gloss and my favorite is Geek Chic Cosmetics' Happy Ending. It is a glitter packed clear gloss and my go to for everyday.
And may the odds be ever in your favor!