July 27, 2011

Review: New Seasonal Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel

Hey everyone!

I know I kind of shied away from beauty the past couple of weeks so when I went to redeem my coupon for a free Anti-Bac Hand Gel from Bath and Body Works, and these were there, I knew I had to get some and write a review for you!

Serously, how could I pass these up? The two that I wasn't able to get were Friend Me? which has a Pina Colada fragrance and Seriously??? which is a Starfruit fragrance. Just as an FYI, I am a glutton for Bath an Body Works anti-bac hand gel. I've usually been able to find something that is great to carry around at conventions and also has a fragrance I love.  The theme is only one part of the reason why I hurried to add these to my collection though.
Whaam! has a Fruit Punch fragrance to it which makes total sense for this theme. Some people may think fruit punch to be a little too sweet and this is something that lingers on hands for quite a while. I like the balance between fruity and sweet that this achieves.
I <3 Geeks is probably the one fragrance I can suggest to just about anyone and everyone. It's a plain vanilla fragrance. To me, it doesn't smell too much like cake or cookies. It just smells like fresh vanilla. Vanilla tends to be my go to fragrance because it goes with just about anything. I use a lot of other previous vanilla fragrances from Bath and Body Works as well such as Lemon Vanilla which is from 2010's Summer Vanillas collection and also Yuletide Pear Vanilla which I got in 2009. So of course, a plain vanilla fragrance mixes well with these. I also use Brown Sugar Vanilla which is currently available in the Bath and Body Works Signature Collection.
One of my favorites of the sweeter flavors I tried, Pow is yet another fragrance that fits the sound effect used on the label. Even without it being coined "Smash" Berry, the mixed berry has a punch of sour to it. It smells like natural raspberry that has a hint of tartness to it. It also reminds me of the mixed berry they came out with for the Royal Wedding collection in honor of the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Not a bad thing, mind you, since that collection was so limited and you have a bit more time to get your hands on this one.

One of my main gripes about the PocketBac line in general is the cost. At full price, one bottle costs $1.50. The thing is, though, that they are always giving out coupons for free PocketBacs (no purchase necessary I might add) as well as having a 5 for $5 sale going on almost constantly. The latter at least knocks the price down to about $1 per bottle. Still expensive but here's another reason why I use these. They have Tahitian Palm Milk which helps condition hands. No matter how constantly I've been using it, I haven't had the same drying issues as regular drugstore brand anti-bacterial gel. So that's always something to think about when using this. Also, with as much as I travel to various conventions, it is always always always something I pack because I'm around so many strangers and doing so much networking.

All in all, I fell in love with the packaging and it had me right on sight. It is my hope to be able to review the last two fragrances in the Comic Book line soon so that you can decide for yourself which you like. As I said before, I love the PocketBacs in general and I don't have drying issues like I do with other brands so I'm not totally against spending the extra money even for such a small bottle. On top of it all, they are always coming out with new fragrances that you should be able to find something you like.

Bottom Line? 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I have a coupon, too. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm at the mall. Darn it, I was just there yesterday!

    ReplyDelete