August 3, 2011

Contest Entry: Geek Chic EotD/LotD Contest - Witty A.I.

So I went to dinner today and when I came home and checked Facebook, lo and behold, Geek Chic had announced a new contest while I was gone. Their contest is to create a Look of the Day or Eye of the Day based on something geeky. Considering my current obsession with Halo and professional video gaming I decided to pick Cortana.

The above pictures were scanned from The Art of Halo and used as reference for my look.



"This Galaxy is vast; its wonders and beauty are almost unfathomable. But the galaxy also hides dark secrets, some of which have lain dormant since the beginning of time itself. There is a danger in secrets, both in seeking and in knowing. Some things are meant to be hidden from view. Some mysteries defy understanding, and sometimes even the things we think we know are untrue. Some secrets should remain untouched."
—Cortana
For this look, first of all, what I wanted to achieve was a lot of glitz and glam. Since I was using the holographic representation of an A.I. I thought about the fact that a hologram is light. The more it glittered, the more I wanted to use it. Also, I didn't worry about placing the darker blue at exactly the same level on either eye. I wanted it to look like it was fluid and in motion. For this eye, I used 4 different eye colors and 4 different brands. Wet n' Wild Eye Wand in Sky Blue (the eye shadow end), L'Oreal in Reflecting Pool, Geek Chic Cosmetics in Purity Burns, and Tokidoki in Skeletrina.

"They let me pick. Did I ever tell you that? Choose whichever Spartan I wanted. You know me. I did my research. Watched as you became the soldier we needed you to be. Like the others, you were strong and swift and brave. A natural leader. But you had something they didn't. Something no one saw, but me. Can you guess...? Luck."—Cortana
Cortana chose John-117 for their neural compatibility. I think that this look although it mostly has icy and silvery shades of blue is something that is perfect for clubbing or an evening out with someone close to you. I'm also a firm believer that despite Cortana being an artificial intelligence that there is a love between her and Master Chief. So I hope that one day this look will be something my partner loves and shares with me.

Although this is mostly an eye of the day, I wanted to add a bit of shimmer to my lips as well. I mixed Purity Burns with If the Tiara Fits from Bath and Body Works.
List of Products Used:
Face:

  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Porcelain
Eyes:

  • Laura Mercier Eye Basics - Cotton
  • L'Oreal Eye Shadow - Reflecting Pool
  • Wet n' Wild Eye Wand - Sky Blue (both liner and shadow)
  • Tokidoki Chromatica Eye Shadow - Skeletrina
  • Geek Chic Cosmetics - Purity Burns
  • Laura Mercier Full Blown Mascara - Black
Lips:

  • Bath & Body Works Liplicious Lipgloss - If the Tiara Fits
  • Geek Chic Cosmetics - Purity Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment