August 22, 2011

Review: The Falsies Flared Mascara by Maybelline


Okay so one thing I've always loved about my eyes are my lashes. They're long and full even without mascara or liner. My one thing is that I've never curled my lashes in my life. I decided when I saw Maybelline's The Falsies Flared mascara that I would try it as a shortcut to flared and curled lashes.

I will start this off in that this product does take a bit to get used to. In the beginning, my lashes tended to clump together. However with some practice, I found that moving the wand back and forth just a little bit as I brought it along my lashes helped immensely. Also don't wait for this mascara to dry in between coats! I moved it back and forth for the first two coats and then for the third and final coat (Your Mileage May Vary) I brought my lashes to the outer edge to flare them a bit.


Overall, I am so pleased with the result now that I've used it for a bit and will more than likely buy this again. I bought it in Blackest Black because if I am going to use a black mascara, I want to go for the most drama as possible. This is pictured with What's Under the Helmet? from Geek Chic Cosmetics' N7 collection and no eye liner at all.


So would I buy this again? Absolutely! This is becoming a permanent addition to my arsenal of cosmetics. Also, at $6.99 I find that as a mid-range product, it will get quite a bit of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment