August 23, 2011

Image Heavy: Weekend of AWESOME

So there's a lot that happened this past weekend on the geeky front that I thought I would share with you, my readers. I went to MatsuriCon on Friday without a badge and a total stranger was nice enough to buy me a badge for Saturday! It made my night/day and I had an amazing time.

First of all, my cosplay:


That's me on the left as Pichu from Pokemon. In my 12 years of costuming, this was by far one of my most popular for others wanting to take photos of me. It makes me proud to have done something that so many people want photos of no matter what the reasoning. This was my Friday costume.








As you can see, there was an amazing showing of Pokemon fans. This may have been in part of Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum) and Eric Stuart (Brock and James) being guests of the con but it was so much fun to see the creativity that ran rampant.

Saturday was kind of a last minute thing and me just having fun. The other guests of the con were voice actors from Hetalia: Axis Powers. So the more I thought about things, the more I thought that nowadays, Italy as portrayed in Hetalia would be hitting up the con scene and geeking out. So this is my Modern Italy cosplay from Saturday.








Sunday involved some Steampunk adventure with the crew of the Airship Archon. A lot of the members had never been to COSI before so I proposed that we go there and start off in the Adventure exhibit as it's something I knew was right up their alley. We went to most of the exhibits and I hadn't been back to COSI since I volunteered so it was a nice bit of nostalgia for me. I need to work on retranslating some of the writings and redoing my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment