June 30, 2011

EOTD: Codex, the Healer

Do you know anyone addicted to an MMO? Are you that person? Either way, the hijinx of The Guild is for you. This wacky webseries follows the misadventures of members in an in-game guild as they band together in real life.

This EotD was inspired by the guild healer, Codex, as played by Felicia Day. While the colors aren't an exact match, I feel that it captures the feel of the character as well as accenting the eye in just the right way.

For the color on my eyes, I used the above trio, Spoiled Brat by Wet n' Wild. As always I primed my eyes with Too Face Shadow Insurance as well.

First, after priming my eyes, I patted the browbone color, which is a shimmery silver on the inside half of my eyelid. I didn't go too far up my browbone because I am doing half and half color. I also applied some of the silver on my lower lash line.

Then, I took the eyelid color, which is the bright deep pink and patted it on the other half. You don't want to blend the main pink too much or else it will fade the color and it may look more like an irritation than an awesome color. I blended by just patting a small amount of the silver over the middle line.

Then, I took a small brush and the sparkly black crease color and lined my lash line with it to give it a little bit of that smoky look.

The look was finished off with MAC False Lashes mascara on the upper lash line.


These photos taken in natural light. I will have photos with flash ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment