June 7, 2011

Zombie Nails

So this nail look was inspired by two things. The new OPI Pirates of the Caribbean set of nail polishes and the fact that I participated in my local ZombieWalk. I've only just recently wanted to get into nail art as another way to express myself. There are two polishes that you'll need. I also used OPI Base Coat and OPI Top Coat.

After putting on the base coat, I put on two coats of Mermaid's Tears. It's a pale, pastel matte green and part of the Pirates line.


After I put the green on, I put one coat of Silver Shatter over it. It gave it a broken and decaying look which I loved.



It took me a little while to get used to applying the shatter polish so that it would look good and crackled but now that I've practiced, I feel confident about doing it again. This added to my zombie look and it was an amazing but small detail of the entire effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment