June 9, 2011

A Little Elaboration

So I somewhat jumped into this whole blog thing by posting a quick tutorial on some items that I used for my nails for the Zombie Walk here in Columbus. I thought I would add a little more info about who I am and what I do. My name is Rachel, although I post under ShinkenRed here on the blog. I am influenced by just about anything and everything that can be geeky. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (Slytherin Pride YO!) and I've always loved fantasy novels such as the Dragonriders of Pern and Redwall.

I am an avid roleplayer and I decided to start my blog after experimenting with nail polish one day and then seeing the sheer amount of independent cosmetic brands out there. I knew they were things I wanted to try and to share with friends because they match my passions to a 'T'.

Another of my current obsessions is Major League Gaming. I've had the privilege of getting to know a few pro players and I know some of this will affect some of the tutorials and items you see on this blog. Definitely worth getting the word out there. I'm known in the community as Steampunk Spartan to reflect my mutual love of the steampunk sub-culture.

I may add more columns as I go along but I know I'd at least like to do a weekly nail look and then eventually move into some eye makeup and then possibly FOTW (Face of the Week). If you have any suggestions at all please don't hesitate to contact me and I will see what I can do.

Also please help me spread the word. This is an entirely new endeavor and I hope to help out other girly geeks with some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment