June 20, 2011

EOTD: The Godsquad

So I've been wanting to do eye makeup based on some of the top Halo teams but I didn't have the makeup palette or the selection of colors to really do what I wanted with my makeup. Well, today that's changed. With my new Sephora 5-in-1 palette in hand, I set off to make a look based on the current Godsquad of Halo, Roy, Lunchbox, Ogre2, and IGotUrPistola, the current line up of Instinct.

For those of you who may not be familiar with Major League Gaming, let me give you an idea. Major League Gaming, or the MLG, is a videogaming league. Their main attraction is usually Halo (right now, Halo: Reach) but they have other games spotlighted as well. This year, they also have Call of Duty: Black Ops and Starcraft II. I started attending events in 2009 with MLG Columbus as Press and since then I have gotten to hang out and interview some of the top pros. Now, I go to support them and they are nothing short of awesome.

In celebration of Instinct's 1st place win at Columbus, I thought I would start with them and go from there.

This is their logo which is where I got most of my color inspration. The main difference is that I decided to use white as the dominant accent color and black as the secondary as I think it looks better on my eye.

Now onto the colors used.

On the Eyes:
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Sephora 5-in-1 palette - Shimmery Grass Green Color and Shimmery White
  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Jet Black
  • MAC Pro Longwear Mascara - Jet Black
So not much is really needed to achieve this look but with the bright green, I think it adds a bit of a pop to the look. Now for the photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment