June 11, 2011

New Vintage/Costume Store Purchases

 Okay so there is a new vintage and costume shop here in town which makes me so excited. I went to the grand opening and found two absolutely gasp worthy items. One of which, I didn't even realize it's worth until I got home.
As a steampunk as soon as I saw these vintage gloves I knew they had to be mine. I wear a lot of khakis and assorted browns and these fit me amazingly well. The fit is what blows me away because I have very petite hands and it's so hard to find gloves that fit me let alone leather ones.
 My second amazing find was this Batman charm bracelet. Upon more research, I found that it was a piece of merchandise from 1966 stemming from the Batman live action series with Adam West. Most of the sites I've seen are trying to sell it for $45-90 depending on the condition. It was $8.50 at The Alley.



Here are some various close-up shots. The charms are Batman, Robin, Riddler, Penguin, and Joker. The enamel is definitely worn but I still think this is an amazing find and will love it for a long time. The other thing is that it mainly caught my eye because the main metallic color is gold. I've been wanting an old-fashioned charm bracelet for a while and gold goes with more of what I have. It wasn't until 5 minutes later that I realized just who was on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment