June 18, 2011

Review: Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Heroine

I bought this perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab at MidOhioCon this past year. Yet again the proceeds of the sales benefit the Hero Initiative so how could I refuse?

Nepalese amber, East African patchouli, dark musk, apple blossom, petitgrain, aged leather, skin musk, and rhubarb.
When I put this fragrance on, the musk and leather seem to come to the forefront. This is my Quintessential Steampunk fragrance even in lieu of Violens. I think it's because of the leather in addition to the 2 different musks. There's so much depth to the fragrance. The rhubarb and apple blossom aren't the most apparent on me but I am perfectly fine with that. Knowing my luck, they're in the background silently influencing my nose and teasing it.

Like I said in my other review, please make sure you try perfume oils on before purchasing a full size. Black Phoenix has what they call Imp's Ears in most (not all) of their fragrance oils and they are quite affordable. Especially when for most oils you're spending $26 for 5ml. Still worth it to me when I find that amazing fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment